Over the past number of months the Midleton Flood Relief Scheme has continued to progress. Some of the works carried out in the last period include:
- Completion of initial site investigation works to inform the design of the scheme
- Competition of annual survey and treatment works for Invasive Alien Plant Species
- Completion of underwater archaeological survey
- A detailed Multi Criteria Analysis of all potentially viable options
- Procurement of a Landscape Architect and Conservation Engineer
Due to a number of other proposed infrastructure projects that are interacting with the Midleton FRS, it is necessary to carry out additional assessment in some areas in order to ensure a robust scheme for Midleton. These assessments include optimisation of the options in Area 4 (Lauriston and Rugby Club), Area 5 (Ballinacurra) and Area 6 (Water Rock including Dwyers Rd).
We are also currently undertaking a Scheme Climate Change Adaptation Plan for Midleton to inform our decision making on the current and future options.
A further assessment of the downstream tidal boundary is also ongoing, due to newly available data
These additional work packages were not included in the initial programme and therefore have resulted in the current programme indicating the next Public Participation Day will be held in Q2 of next year.