Stage 1 – Scheme Development and design
- Commission all required baseline surveys, including topographic, site investigation, environmental and ecological surveys;
- Identify and map the existing and potential future flood hazard and risk within the Study Area;
- Prepare Environmental Constraints Report;
- Carry out Appropriate Assessment Screening and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening;
- If required, prepare a Natura Impact Statement (NIS) and Environmental Impact Assessment Report;
- Identify viable structural and non-structural measures and options for the effective and sustainable management of flood risk in Portarlington;
- Develop and identify a preferred scheme for Portarlington, including the preparation of a cost benefit assessment for the preferred scheme.
Stage 2 – Planning Process
- Complete the necessary planning and any other statutory processes, to progress the preferred Scheme through Part 8 / Part 10 Planning under the Planning and Development Act 2000 or under Strategic Infrastructure, which may include:
- Submission to An Bord Pleanála,
- Public Display,
- Oral Hearing,
- CPO of lands required for the implementation of the preferred scheme,
- Section 50 Consents etc.
Stage 3 – Detailed Construction Design and Tender
- To undertake and complete the detailed design of the final preferred scheme;
- Prepare the Scheme for Confirmation by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform;
- Prepare Contract Documents and undertake the procurement of a works contractor to construct the Scheme.
Stage 4 – Construction
- Provide ongoing detailed design as required during the construction phase;
- Supervise the construction of the works;
- Supervise the contract.
Stage 5 – Handover
- Commissioning of the completed works;
- Preparation of final accounts.