The focus of the Flood Relief Scheme is Dundalk/Blackrock and Ardee which has been susceptible to past flooding in extreme events. These areas have also been identified as having a significant risk of flooding from future events. This will focus within the boundary of the Area for Further Assessment (AFA) as defined in the OPW’s CRAM Study and shown on the maps below (one for Dundalk & Blackrock, and one for Ardee).
The Study Area is the area that contains the:
- Lengths of river channel / watercourse that have hydraulic influence on the area intended to benefit from, and be protected by, any feasible scheme;
- Full hydrological catchment areas draining to the downstream ends of those river channels / watercourses;
- Areas that require environmental assessments as part of the development of any such scheme.
The Scheme Area is the area:
- Within which physical works are proposed to be constructed, accessed and maintained as part of any feasible scheme;
- Areas that are intended to benefit from, and be protected by, any such scheme;
- Lengths of river channel / watercourse upstream and downstream that are likely to be impacted hydraulically by such scheme.
Project Reports will be released as the project progresses.