Options assessment, Scheme Development and Design
Planning/Development Consent Processes
Work Packages and Tenders for Contracts
Handover of Works
Stage 1 (Part 1) – Options assessment, Scheme Development and Design
- Carry out the review and assessment of the technical analysis and preferred measures identified in the Shannon Upper & Lower River Basin (UoM25-26) CFRAM Study Reports and the FRMP for Unit of Management No. 25-26.
- Hydrological and hydraulic modelling, and production of revised mapping, of the existing situation.
- Geotechnical study of existing embankments within the Scheme area.
- Identify and undertake all baseline environmental surveys and Site Investigations.
- Environmental Constraints Study.
Stage 1 (Part 2) – Options assessment, Scheme Development and Design
- Assessment, including technical, geotechnical, environmental, and economic assessments, and through detailed hydraulic modelling, of potential flood risk management options
- Selection, development and design of a preferred option
- Development and design of areas identified for Public Realm enhancement
- Amalgamation of FRS and Public Realm designs into preferred option (the ‘Scheme’)
- Natura Impact Study & Environment Impact Assessment Report Screening
- Produce a Scheme Climate Change Adaptation Plan
- Identification of Landowners that may be affected by the construction, operation and future maintenance of the Scheme
Stage 1 (Part 3) – Options assessment, Scheme Development and Design
- Produce Natura Impact Statement (NIS) and Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR)
- Produce a Preliminary Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP).
- Produce Preliminary Buildability and Preliminary Operation & Maintenance Reports
Stage 2 – Planning/Development Consent Processes
- Provision of all documentation required to progress the Scheme through the necessary planning and other statutory processes (Planning and Development Act 2000 and Arterial Drainage Act 1945).
- Provision of responses to Further Information or Clarification requests
- Provision of support at Public Displays and Oral Hearings.
- Provision of addendums to the Environmental Assessments as a result of the outcomes/conditions of the planning process
Stage 3 (Part 1) – Detailed Construction Design
- Undertake and complete the detailed construction design of the Scheme.
- Update or provide addendums to the environmental assessments undertaken in Stage I, and complete any other environmental assessments, consents or surveys
- Produce a Developed Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP)
- Produce a Developed Buildability Report
- Produce a Developed Operation & Maintenance Report
- Prepare Detailed Design Drawings and Specifications
Stage 3 (Part 2) –Work Packages and Tenders for Contracts
- Determine Construction Work Packages
- Prepare Tender & Construction Work Packages including Bills of Quantities
- Prepare Construction Contract Documents using the PWC Forms of Contract and undertake the procurement of the works contractor/s to construct the Scheme, in line with the Capital Works Management Framework
- Preparation of Tender Report(s)
Stage 4 – Construction
- Supervise the construction of the Scheme
- Supervise the construction contract(s) and provide Project Management Services including Employer Representative services
Stage 5 – Handover of Works
- Commissioning of the completion certificate
- Finalisation/sign-off of Construction Contracts
- Provision of the Safety File
- Produce ‘As-Built’ flood mapping