September 2020 Scheme Update
Adhering to government guidance in relation to Covid-19, works recommenced on May 18th.
The second stage of public realm works, including public plaza's benching and walkway in Douglas Community Park have commenced and are nearing completion.
The Ballybrack stream has been diverted temporarily to facilitate in-stream channel works in Ravensdale, All culverts along Ravensdale have been successfully installed which has allowed rock armouring and river engineering works to commence.
The remaining works to be compelted include:
- Flood Defence works in Ravensdale
- Completion of Community Park and Church Road public realm works
- Tree planting in Community Park and along Church Road plaza
- Reinstatement of private lands
- Church Road public realm works
- Completion of Drainage works in Ravensdale
McGinty & O'Shea, Arup, the Office of Public Works, Cork City & County Councils again wish to express their thanks to the people and businesses of Douglas for their patience and continued support throughout the scheme. We hope you are keeping safe during this time.