Douglas Construction Update - June 2020
Adhering to government guidance, works recommenced on Monday the 18th of May.
The scond stage of public realm works, including paved public plazas, benching and walkways in Douglas Community park have commenced. The construction of a small flood defence embankment and finalisation of the new graded river banks is underway.
The Ballybrack Stream has been diverted temporarily to facilitate channel works along Church Road. The majority of the new Church Road culvert has been installed and construction of a sheet piled flood defence wall is progressing.
The remaining work to be completed include:
- Flood Defence works in Ravensdale
- Backfilling and completion of Church Road Culvert
- Completion of Community Park and Church Road public realm works
- Tree planting in Community Park and along Church Road plaza
- Reinstatement of private lands
- Reinstatement of Church Road surface
McGinty & O'Shea, Arup, the Office of Public Works, Cork City and County Councils again wish to that the people and businesses of Douglas for their patience and continued cooperation throughout the scheme. We hope you are keeping sade during this time.