Togher Construction Update - August 2020
Over the last month, the following works have been completed along Togher Road:
- 330m of the trunk main have been drilled and pipe is connected.
- Connection of storm systems into existing culvert is complete.
- 175m of 315mm Gas Main have been drilled and main is connected.
- Reinstatement of road, footpaths, kerbs, roundabouts as well as traffic signs is complete.
Since Friday 7th August, Togher Road has been open to traffic. One lane has been maintained at all times since then and access for residents has been fully accommodated. Following completion of reinstatement works on Friday 21st August, Togher Road is now fully open to traffic.
The remaining works to be completed include:
- Line marking of Togher Road and Lehenaghmore Road.
Completion of the works is expected by Wednesday 26th August.
Ward & Burke, Arup, the Office of Public Works, Cork City & County Councils wish to express their thanks to the people and businesses of Togher for their patience and continued support throughout the duration of the Contract. We hope you are keeping safe.