Construction and Handover of Works
Stage 1 – Preliminary Design
- Commission all required baseline surveys, including topographic, site investigation, environmental and ecological surveys;
- Identify and map the existing and potential future flood hazard and risk within the Study Area;
- Prepare Environmental Constraints Report;
- Carry out Appropriate Assessment Screening and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening;
- If required, prepare a Natura Impact Statement (NIS) and Environmental Impact Assessment Report;
- Identify viable structural and non-structural measures and options for the effective and sustainable management of flood risk in Crossmolina;
- Develop and identify a preferred scheme for Crossmolina, including the preparation of a cost benefit assessment for the preferred scheme
Stage 2 – Exhibition
- Prepare scheme documentation and presentations.
- Arrange Public Exhibition.
- Ensure Public Exhibition is sufficiently advertised, so that all interested parties have an opportunity to attend and submit their observations.
- Prepare and issue letters and interference notices to statutory bodies, stakeholders, and landowners.
- Allow time for all interested parties to review the documentation, raise questions, and issue their comments.
- Compose a Public Exhibition Report.
Stage 3 – Detailed Design
- To undertake and complete the detailed design of the final preferred scheme; taking into account comments and observations received at Public Exhibition Stage.
Stages 4 – Scheme Confirmation
- Prepare and submit scheme documents for Confirmation by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
- The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform procure consultants to carry out an independent review of the proposed scheme, and carry out one final public consultation.
Stages 5 – Construction and Handover of Works
- Provide ongoing detailed design as required during the construction phase;
- Supervise the construction of the works;
- Supervise the contract
- Commissioning of the completed works
- Preparation of final accounts